On 28 June 2005, the social partners in the European sugar industry organised a Conference in Brussels, with the backing of the European Commission, bringing together the entire beet-sugar sector: the sugar manufacturers (Comité Européen des Fabricants de Sucre), the European beet growers (Confédération Internationale des Betteraviers Européens) and the workers representatives (European Federation of Food, Agriculture and Tourism Trade Unions).
This Conference addressed in particular the social impact of the reform of the sugar regime and the accompanying measures to be implemented. Around 240 people attended the Conference, from the three organisations, the European Parliament, the European Commission, the Permanent Representations and various other bodies. The Conference was chaired by Mr Joseph DAUL, Chairman of the European Parliament’s Committee on Agriculture. Mrs Mariann FISCHER BOEL, the Commissioner in charge of agriculture, described the broad lines of the reform.
Conclusions of the CEFS/ CIBE/ EFFAT Conference of 28th June 2005
– Annex 2 : List of participants : en/fr
– Annex 3 : Speech by M. Fischer Boel : en
– Annex 4 : Questions to M. Fischer Boel : en
– Annex 5 : Speech by O. Von Arnold : en
– Annex 6 : Presentation of JF. Sneessens : en
– Annex 7 : Speech by H.E P. Gomes : en
– Annex 8 : Presentation of J.L. Barjol : en
– Annex 10 : Speech by O. Lippens : en
– Annex 11 : Speech by M. Siecker : nl
– Annex 12 : Presentation of M. Nagy : en
– Annex 14 : Press release : en